On Thursday (March 14th), day 2 of the TOKEN2049 conference in Hong Kong, Justin Sun, the founder and CEO of TRON Foundation, presented a progress report on the TRON platform, and talked about what is coming during the remainder of 2019.
Below are the main highlights from Justin's presentation.
- 27 Super Representatives (SRs); 100+ candidates (who also with running of full nodes); TRON running on the mainnet for over 262 days;
- In the last 14 days, average number of daily transactions (approximately 3 million) was roughly 3.3 times that of Ethereum;
- Number of mainnet accounts (over 2.1 million; around 10,000 new accounts being added every day) is 2.6 that of EOS (even though EOS launched one month before TRON);
- 6000+ smart contracts (even though TRON's smart contracts platform was only launched in November 2018);
- 186 decentralized applications (DApps) according to DappRadar and 255 according to DappReview; Justin is confident that there will be around 2000 DApps by the end of 2019;
- According to a recent report by DappReview, DApp trading volume on TRON was greater than the sum of the DApp trading volumes on Ethereum and EOS; DApp trading volume currently is around 50% of the trading volume of the network; Justin sees the former surpassing the latter in the future (i.e. more people using TRX than trading it), which he takes as a sign of the improving health of the TRON platform
- BTT token launched on Binance Launchpad; sold out in 40 minutes; and
- BitTorrent has over 100 million monthly active users; it has had over one billion device installations; and it has users in 138 countries.
What is Happening in Q2 and Q3 of 2019
- Launch of BTT token in BitTorrent Speed;
- BitTorrent Live has been built (basic view, broadcast, gift, chat features implemented in only 10 weeks);
- "Launching early version shown to selected audiences in weeks!";
- As CryptoGlobe reported earlier this month, "Tether and TRON announced a new collaboration with the aim of launching TRON-based USDT that is compatible with the TRC-20 standard"; this smart contract has already being deployed on TRON's testnet, and the plan is to launch it on the mainnet in early April;
- Advantages of USDT-TRON over USDT (on the Omni network): instant transactions instead of up to three hours; free transactions as opposed to $6-$7 per transaction; use cases not limited to trading (e.g. can be used on decentralized exchange DApps and within the BitTorrent ecosystem);
- TRON's layer 2 solution for improving scalability and speed, "Sun Network", is being released in Q2; this offers "a continuously improved sidechain that provides unlimited tps capacity expansion for the mainchain";
- Privacy support (i.e. shielded transactions similar to those offered by Zcash) is being added in Q2 and Q3: and
- BitTorrent FileSystem (BTFS) is expected to be launched in Q3; the goal is for this to be the best decentralized storage solution.
Featured Image Courtesy of TRON Foundation