SatoshiLabs , the Prague-based maker of the popular crypto hardware wallet Trezor ("the world's first cryptocurrency hardware wallet"), has announced that the beta version of "Trezor Wallet" , the web interface for its Trezor devices, now allows users to "exchange cryptocurrencies directly in the Trezor Wallet interface" with the help of instant crypto swap platforms ShapeShift and Changelly .
" TREZOR Wallet is the official production-level, battle-tested version of the web-wallet interface provided by SatoshiLabs It is feature-conservative, meaning new functions are added at a slower pace and only after they are thoroughly tested, to ensure the highest reliability of the wallet. The purpose of this wallet is to provide a continuous and stable access to TREZOR
TREZOR Beta Wallet is a less-tested version of the web-wallet. New features are first released here before we consider them as sufficiently reliable for the production wallet. It serves as a public feature-testing platform for the TREZOR community, providing power users with quick access to new features."
Yesterday, this is how the Trezor team anounced the addition of this new feature ("Exchanges") to the Trezor Wallet:
The Atomic Wallet team replied to Shrem to explain that it was too early for hardware wallets such as Trezor to intergrate with Atomic Wallet since the atomic swaps SDK has not yet been released:
Via a post on the Trezor blog, SatoshiLabs gave more details about the new "Exchanges" feature:
- "The entire exchange process can be initiated and observed directly in the Wallet interface."
- "In addition to the current features like multiple accounts, multi-currency, complete transaction history, sending, and receiving, you can also conveniently exchange coins and tokens directly in your Wallet."
- "The exchange feature is provided by various third parties... In this initial release, we have decided to cooperate with ShapeShift and Changelly."
- "Trezor Wallet will always operate without KYC, as the Wallet or your Trezor device are not custodial. If the exchange providers decide to enact KYC, registration and verification will be done by them. Your personal information will not be processed by Trezor Wallet / SatoshiLabs, nor will it ever be requested by the company."
- "Customer support for exchanges will be serviced by the partners."
Here is a screenshot supplied by the Trezor team to give you an idea of what using this feature looks like:
Featured Image and Trezor Wallet Screenshot Courtesy of SatoshiLabs