Decentral, the Canadian blockchain startup founded in 2014 by billionaire Ethereum co-founder Anthony Di Iorio, has announced the launch of Jaxx Liberty, the successor to its very popular Jaxx cryptocurrency wallet (which was created in 2015; it is now called Jaxx Legacy).
Jaxx Liberty, which was launched on 12 September 2018, had been undergoing beta testing since 1 July 2018. This is how the news was announced on Twitter:
This is a screenshot from the Android version of Jaxx Liberty:
Jaxx Liberty goes beyond offering a multi-platform, multi-currency wallet. What the team have done is to put into one app all of the tools most requested by their users: personalized portfolio, in-app exchange, news, market data, and blockchain explorers (for "reviewing transaction data from across a full range of blockchain platforms").
Here are the main highlights:
- Like its predecessor, the wallet supports more than 70 digital asset types (Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, Litecoin, Dash, Zcash, Ethereum Classic, Dogecoin, DigiByte, and many ERC-20 tokens).
- A portfolio module that "measures both changes in the quantities of cryptocurrencies held and the value of those cryptocurrencies over time."
- The ability to exchange cryptocurrencies right from within the app via ShapeShift.
- Access to markets data (price, 24-hour percentage change, 7-day percentage change, market cap, supply, and traded volume).
- A news module powered by a feed aggregator that supplies news from various popular cryptocurrency blogs.
- Integrated block explorers for all the coins supported by the app, i.e. Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Dash, Dogecoin, Ethereum Classic, and DigiByte.
Decentral says that versions of Jaxx Liberty for iOS, Mac, and Windows are "coming soon."
Featured Image Courtesy of Decentral