BitPay, a premier cryptocurrency payment processor, has spotlighted the increasing adoption of XRP by showcasing 30 of its merchants that now accept the digital currency. This move comes as BitPay extends its support for XRP payments across most global locations, with some regional exceptions.
In its blog post, which was published earlier this month, BitPay mentioned that the rapid settlement time of XRP, clocking in at just 4 seconds, coupled with its minimal transaction cost, has made it an attractive option for businesses.
Here are some of the highlighted merchants:
- German-based precious metals dealer: Offering gold, silver, platinum, and more.
- AMC Theatres: Enabling moviegoers to book tickets online using XRP.
- Jomashop: A luxury haven providing discounted designer watches, handbags, and accessories.
- Newegg: Meeting tech needs with a vast array of gadgets and computer hardware.
- American Cancer Society: Championing the fight against cancer and accepting donations in XRP.
- Hublot: Bringing Swiss luxury watch craftsmanship to the XRP community.
- Namecheap: Facilitating domain registration and hosting services with XRP payments.
- PacSun: Offering a diverse range of apparel for the modern lifestyle.
- And many more, including luxury car dealerships, online game retailers, and jewelers.
BitPay’s post also demystified the process of using XRP for payments. Customers can easily select BitPay as their payment method at checkout, opt for XRP as their cryptocurrency, and then either scan a QR code or input the merchant’s wallet details to complete the transaction.
For those keen on peer-to-peer (P2P) transactions, the BitPay Wallet offers a seamless experience for XRP transfers between users.
However, there are certain limitations. Notably, the BitPay Card, which is exclusive to U.S. residents, does not support XRP transactions within the U.S. And while BitPay’s app or Chrome extension doesn’t facilitate gift card purchases with XRP, several international merchant partners do.