The United States was always popular as a destination for investments. The crypto industry has not become an exception – many crypto investors are eager to start working here and get access to the huge market in the territory and outside the USA. The products from the US are always reputable and more popular. That is for the reason of the high reliability of the jurisdiction and its openness to new ideas.
At the same time, the jurisdiction is aimed at creating a transparent legal environment for doing business, including globally. Among others, this transparent state has been reached thanks to the high compliance standards, authorizations, and severe sanctions imposed for non-compliance. The crypto industry is not an exception here as it requires strict compliance, getting a crypto exchange license in the USA https://prifinance.com/en/cryptocurrency-license/usa/, and handling ongoing monitoring to have a green light in the market. As of now, there is already a formed practice of starting and handling crypto startups in the USA. In any case, they have to follow the next basic legal and regulatory requirements.
Legal and Regulatory Principles of the Crypto Industry in the USA
The starting point to emphasize is that blockchain technology is very much appreciated in the US. But, when the case comes to cryptos, the local state authorities don’t forbid their circulation for the purpose of having earnings but warn about their risky nature and the numerous opportunities of being used for illegal purposes. The general approach in the USA is that all potential customers should be aware of the nature of the services and products associated with cryptos that are offered publicly.
If we speak about cryptocurrency service providers, they have to fulfill the demands of financial stability and combating illicit money transfers. That is especially the case when we speak about a cryptocurrency exchange in the USA, for instance. If you wish to start a project of this kind, you have to fulfill these actions, among others:
- buy or register a legal entity with a clear profile (this enterprise should have a clear structure, show its founders, beneficiaries, and corporate group (if any) as well as update these details regularly);
- make effective and transparent internal policies (AML/CTF, KYC, monitoring, record-keeping, reporting, and training);
- hire qualified compliance and managerial staff to run the project;
- find sufficient IT and technical resources to ensure the steady operation of this project;
- have enough financial resources at disposal to start and ensure the stable operation of this startup;
- apply for a license for a crypto exchange;
- keep the ongoing monitoring of all the operations carried out through the trading platform, including by applying KYC procedures;
- start additional verifications when the risks of money laundering or any other illegal operations are in place;
- report to the authorized state authorities as prescribed by the law and in the cases of detected illegal or fraudulent activities;
- ensure periodical training of the staff involved in the project.
How Prifinance Attorneys Can Facilitate You
If you have set the business goal of starting your operation in the US market, Prifinance attorneys are prepared to foster its realization, including through these legal services:
- facilitating company registration and corporate compliance;
- drafting and making all required internal policies work;
- consulting on various matters of taxation;
- helping with resolving all possible issues that may be in place before and after launching your startup.
Forward the details – obtain personalized consultations and workable solutions from the lawyers who have successfully realized 200+ projects in the crypto industry.