This article contains all the essential information that you need to know about this month's Initial Exchange Offering (IEO) on Binance Launchpad, i.e. the Perlin (PERL) token sale. This is the eighth Binance Launchpad project in 2019.
What Is Perlin?
Perlin is a blockchain startup co-founded by Dorjee Sun (Project Manager), Kenta Iwasaki (CTO), Ajay Prakash (Head of Product).
Perlin offers four products: Perlin Wavelet, Perlin Clarify, Perlin Certify, and Perlin Cloudify.
Perlin Wavelet is "an open ledger for writing scalable, mission-critical, decentralized WebAssembly applications."
Here are some of its main features:
- Scalable: "... capable of processing over 31,240 payment transactions per second using 240 DigitalOcean instances (2vCPUs, 4GB RAM) under realistic networking conditions..."
- Practical: "Wavelet guarantees that transactions are totally ordered, replicated, and consistenton a network of untrusted machines, and thus supports upgradeability, decentralized governance, and smart contract execution with 2-4 second finality on millions of nodes."
- Succinct: "Wavelet guarantees that transactions are immutable, and irrevertible once they are finalized." (To run a full node, you only need a decent internet connection and a machine with at least 512MB of RAM.)
- Secure: "No committees, no leaders, no central authority; absolutely zero trust."
- Open: Anyone can become a validator since you can even run a node on a mobile phone.
The native token of the Wavelet blockchain is called PERL.
Some of Perlin's investors include FBIG Capital, Bitmain, Arrington XRP Capital, and BlockTower Capital.
For further information about Perlin, please refer tothe following sources (in the order listed below):
Details of the PERL Token Sale
According to the support article published by Binance earlier today, the PERL token sale will "follow a lottery & airdrop format," with the recording of users' BNB balances starting at 00:00 UTC on August 9.
There have been a few changes to the lottery rules:
- Binance is recording BNB balances for 15 days from 00:00 UTC on August 9 to 00:00 UTC on August 23.
- The "final BNB holding amount" for users are determined as "the average of the 15 days but using the Daily Average BNB Balance Calculation Mechanism" (which Binance described in a support article published six days ago).
- "The number of tickets claimable and the corresponding amount of BNB required for each category has also been updated to 10 levels..."
- Binance will split and distribute an airdrop pool of 3,874,500 PERL (roughly worth $300,000) to all eligible participants after the lottery draw has been completed.
Just One More Thing
For future token launches on Binance Launchpad, please take note of the advice offered by Binance CEO Changpeng Zhao (aka "CZ") via the following tweet:
From 9th Launchpad project onwards, $BNB holding period is set to 30 days, meaning the holding period may start BEFORE the project is announced. Eg, if the project is announced on 8/30, with final BNB holding date on 9/9, the holding period starts on 8/10. #HODL #BNB https://t.co/ZLwna8ldQA— CZ Binance (@cz_binance) August 7, 2019
Featured Image Courtesy of Binance