In a recent survey of FinTech experts by very popular Australian news outlet Finder, the panelists on average predicted the price of Ethereum ($ETH) to reach $19,842 by 2025.
Below, we highlight some of the results of this survey, which were published last month in the “Finder Cryptocurrency Predictions Report“:
- “Panelists predict that the price of Ethereum will hit $4,512 on average by the end of the year… Dr. Paul Ennis, lecturer and assistant professor at the University College of Dublin, gives the same forecast for 2021 at $10,000, arguing Ethereum is highly undervalued and has far more uses than Bitcoin.”
- “By 2025, the panel expects Ethereum to hit $19,842 on average… BitBull Capital COO Sarah Bergstrand provides the highest forecast for the end of 2025 at $100,000.“
- “The majority of panelists (59%) say now is the time to buy Ethereum, while 28% say ‘hodl’ and 13% say it’s time to sell.”
- Thomson Reuters technologist and futurist Joseph Raczynski said: “While Bitcoin is important and a household name, it’s generally one dimensional. Ethereum is a platform and ecosystem that is potentially transformative for all industries. It has an immense network effect, in the ability for people to build ideas into business and systems. Its impact is really only up to our human — soon to be AI — imaginations.“
- “ETH could be just as heavily adopted by institutional investors as BTC is currently, with the majority of panelists (77%) expecting institutional investors to invest in the currency.“
- “Some 73% of panelists say NFTs are here to stay, and 76% say they will become part of mainstream culture. However, roughly a quarter of panelists think that NFTs are a fad that won’t stick around forever…. Despite the majority believing that they’re here to stay, most panelists don’t think it’s the right time for retail investors to buy NFTs.“
The views and opinions expressed by the author, or any people mentioned in this article, are for informational purposes only, and they do not constitute financial, investment, or other advice. Investing in or trading cryptoassets comes with a risk of financial loss.