A recent survey shows that the vast majority of accredited investors in the U.S. intend to buy Bitcoin during 2021.
On January 18, Singapore-based firm CrossAngle surveyed 379 U.S. accredited investors “to better understand their outlook on crypto investing.”
According to the firm’s “Crypto Investing in 2021” report, these were some of their findings:
- 87% “have heard about Bitcoin.”
- 70% “have invested in Bitcoin before.”
- “Only 27.2% of those who had not invested in Bitcoin would consider it.”
- 67% have invested in altcoins.
- 74% are “likely to invest in Bitcoin in the next year.”
- 67% “know about DeFi.”
- 90% are “likely to invest in DeFi.”
The report also mentioned that:
- “Those who haven’t invested in Bitcoin indicated that they want it to become less volatile before they buy in. For others, crypto is still too new of a market, or they just haven’t had the right opportunity.”
- “Our respondents believed that the things holding investors back from crypto are a lack of regulator protection, scams, and a lack of awareness and education around the industry.”
- “If our respondents had $100,000 to invest but had to leave it for four years, they would choose 31.7% would choose Bitcoin while 29% would go into blue chip stocks as the better investment.”
Featured Image Credit: Photo via Pixabay.com
The views and opinions expressed by the author are for informational purposes only and do not constitute financial, investment, or other advice.