Recently, popular New Zealand-based crypto analyst Lark Davis named the five cryptoassets that he expects to outperform in December 2020 in a video for his YouTube channel.
Here are his top five picks:
- Ether (ETH) because of the launch of phase 0 of ETH 2.0 on December 1: “I expect we’re going to see a lot of interest continuing in Ethereum in the run-up to that date, post that date, as we see more and more Ethereum getting locked up into the deposit contract.”
- XRP (XRP) because of Flare Network’s upcoming Spark token (FLR) airdrop: “XRP could see a farther rally as well in the run up to the airdrop, which is scheduled for December 12th. Now, it has had a massive run-up so do be careful with that, but XRP holders will be dropped 45 billion Spark tokens for the Ripple-backed Flare Network.”
- Aave (AAVE) because of the significant enhancements and new features in the next major upgrade to its protocol: “Currently, the Aave V2 upgrade is live on the Ethereum testnet. Now, upgrades to the protocol will include better optimization of the transaction flows, reducing the number of transactions you actually need to make to interact with Aave, tokenized debt positions, fixed rates for deposits, better stability for borrowing rates, private markets to support a wide range of assets.”
- Axie Infinity (AXS) because of its huge potential in the world of gaming: “Axie is a game where you can build a digital land, kind of a kingdom, and then you can battle your pets against other players. And if you think that rare Pokemon like game items is a silly idea gaming man, whatever, then take into account that actual Pokemon cards have been exploding in price recently. Gaming is super hot, collectibles [are] super hot. If this game catches on, then it could be really, really big.”
- Kusama (KSM) because of the upcoming parachain slot auctions, which he says are expected to start in January 2021: “A parachain is a simple blockchain that attaches to the main chain like Polkadot or Kusama to be able to access their security and wider network effect. So, Kusama will be able to host a hundred different blockchains attached to it. So, think of these hundred parachains like spokes on a wheel and Kusama is the center.”