The "Crypto Exchange Update" covers the latest and the most significant news from some of the most popular digital asset exchanges. This article focuses on the relevant news from Bakkt, Binance, Bitfinex, Bitstamp, Coinbase, OKCoin, and OKEx for the week 7 October 2019 to 14 October 2019.
- October 10: Bakkt, which launched trading of its physically-settled Bitcoin futures on September 22, announced on this day that on October 9 it had managed to set a new all-time high (ATH) for the number of Bitcoin futures contracts traded on its platform in a single day:
As we continue to build the Bakkt Bitcoin Futures contract, we reached a new trading record of 212 contracts traded yesterday— Bakkt (@Bakkt) October 10, 2019
- October 7: Binance announced that it would be launching the eighth phase of Binance Lending Products at 12:00 UTC on 9 October 2019.
- October 8: Binance CEO Changpeng Zhao (aka "CZ") pointed out that Binance had become the crypto exchange with the fourth-highest trading volume in Bitcoin futures:
- October 9:
- October 10:
- Binance.US listed Chainlink (LINK) and Ravencoin (RVN).
- Binance announced that it would support the staking of Fetch.AI (FET) tokens on Binance, starting on 11 October 2019.
- Binance DEX listed XRP-BF2, a new token issued on Binance Chain that is backed 1:1 to native XRP held at a publicly disclosed address. This enables Binance DEX users to trade XRP against "countless more coins and tokens with full custody over their funds and wallets." CZ said:
The swapping experience is optimized to be as easy as possible. When users withdraw XRP on Binance.com, they can choose either native XRP or the Binance Chain XRP. With no trading involved, it is always 1:1, there is no spread, no slippage, no fees. More significantly, this is not limited to XRP now. The same mechanism can be used to migrate other coins onto Binance Chain, where they can experience non-custodian trading that was not possible before.
- October 11: Bitfinex announced version 3.19.3 of the Bitfinex mobile app. This update adds "derivatives trading support as well as in-app access to Bitfinex Reports 2.0."
- October 9: Bitstamp announced that BitGo would be providing "secure storage for the crypto assets under management at Bitstamp" and that it would be transfering these assets to BitGo’s wallets on 10 October 2019.
- October 10: Coinbase introduced a dedicated mobile app for Coinbase Pro, its trading platform for professional/experienced traders. Currently, there is only an iOS version of the app available, but Coinbase intends to add support for Android in the future.
- October 8: OKCoin removed four trading pairs: BTC/GUSD, BTC/PAX, BTC/TUSD, and BTC/USDC.
- October 9: OKEx Pool launched the VSYS staking service.
Featured Image Credit: Photo via Pexels.com