Imagine you have a colleague, friend, or relative who knows very little about economics, money, or cryptocurrencies, and this person wants to learn more Bitcoin (BTC). This article looks at five great ways that an absolute newcomer to crypto could start learning about Bitcoin.
Before we start, it is worth giving acknowledgement to Bitcoin advocate Matt Odell (@matt_odell on Twitter), the co-host of the weekly “Rabbit Hole Recap” segment on the “Tales From the Crypt” podcast, who provided the inspiration for this article by sending out a tweet on May 24 that asked his followers what would be the first link you would send an absolute Bitcoin beginner who asked for material to help him/her understand Bitcoin.
Also, highly deserving of mention is Casa CTO Jameson Lopp, whose wonderful and painstakingly compiled and maintained “Bitcoin Information & Resources” portal is a treasure chest of links to resources (of varying levels of difficulty) for understanding Bitcoin.
1. Articles and Blog Posts
- Nik Custodia’s “Explain Bitcoin Like I’m Five”
- Upfolio’s “Bitcoin Explained”
- Oleg Andreev’s “Bitcoin is like…”
- Vijay Boyapati’s four-part series “The Bullish Case for Bitcoin”
- Andreas M. Antonopoulos’ “The Internet of Money”
- Saifedean Ammous’ “The Bitcoin Standard: The Decentralized Alternative to Central Banking”
- Nathaniel Popper’s “Digital Gold: Bitcoin and the Inside Story of the Misfits and Millionaires Trying to Reinvent Money”
- Paul Vigna and Michael J. Casey’s “The Age of Cryptocurrency: How Bitcoin and the Blockchain Are Challenging the Global Economic Order”
- Anita Posch’s “Bitcoin & Co.”
- Peter McCormack’s “What Bitcoin Did”
4. Video Presentations
- CuriosInventor’s “The Essence of How Bitcoin Works (Non-Technical)”
- Balaji Srinivasan’s “Bitcoin 101”
- Andreas Antonopoulos’s “Bitcoin for Beginners” video playlist
5. Online Courses
- Charles Hoskinson and Brian Göss’ (free) Udemy course “Bitcoin or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Crypto”
- George Levy’s Udemy course “Blockchain and Bitcoin Fundamentals”
Featured Image Credit: Photo via Pixabay.com