The latest report (for Q1 2019) by decentralized application (DApp) analytics website Dapp.com, which looked at the four blockchains with the most number of active DApp users—Ethereum, EOS, Steem, and TRON-—shows that TRON (TRX) continues to lead when it comes to user activity, with more than 300,000 active users.
Here were some of the main highlights of this report:
- Active Users
- TRON (303,747)
- EOS (262,450)
- Ethereum (186,544)
- Steem (66,936)
- Total Users
- Ethereum (1,151,657)
- Stem (542,777)
- TRON (357,953)
- EOS (334,480)
- User Activeness
- TRON (84.86%)
- EOS (78.47%)
- Ethereum (16.20%)
- Steem (12.33%)
- DApp Activeness
- EOS (326 active DApps out of 341 total DApps, i.e. 95.6%)
- Steem (69 active DApps out of 82 total DApps, i.e. 84.1%)
- TRON (157 active DApps out of 187 total DApps, i.e. 83.9%)
- Ethereum (752 active DApps out of 1,343 total DApps, i.e. 55.9%)
- "The growth of dapp users did not keep up with the growth of Ethereum mainnet wallet addresses... In the meantime, the stats show that many old Ethereum dapp users (who used dapps in 2018) were leaving gradually, only 72,422 old users are still using dapps in 2019, lower than 7%."
- "The volume distribution on the Ethereum blockchain has not changed much from 2018, with DEXs contributing more than 50% of the volume, followed by gambling dapps. An interesting data here, the Ethereum gamers were the most active ones among all dapp users. More than 40% of the daily active dapp users were gamers but those people were only 30% of the total active users in Q1. The Ethereum-based games have already created a stable community with a group of loyal audience."
- "In the first quarter in 2019, a total of 504 dapps were added to Dapp.com, with Ethereum-based dapps dominated and accounted for more than half of the newly listed dapps. It shows that Ethereum is still the No.1 choice for developers to build their dapp on. At the same time, we also have seen a trend in multi-chain developing, as many Ethereum dapps expand on multiple chains, such as Ethereum + EOS or Ethereum + Tron."
- "TRON was the fastest growing dapp ecosystem in 2019. Both the number of mainnet wallets and the number of new dapp users had the highest growth rate."
- "The total transaction volume on TRON was also very impressive. It once surpassed $91 million on March 15, which was way beyond the historical highest record of Ethereum and EOS dapps."
- "The distribution of the EOS dapp volume has changed a lot from 2018. Last year, EOS gambling dapps accounted for a striking 99% of its total volume. However, the dapp ecosystem on EOS has become more diverse since Q1 2019 with more games and financial service platforms joining the cohort."
Finally, perhaps rather unsurprisingly, the top DApp category by number of active users, number of transactions, and USD transaction volume was gambling.
Featured Image Courtesy of TRON Foundation