On Tuesday (11 December 2018), Gemini Trust Company, the digital asset exchange and custodian founded by Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss in 2014, announced that it had launched a new mobile app (available for iOS and Android).
In a blog post published a little earlier today, Tyler Winklevoss, Co-Founder and CEO of Gemni, talked about the new mobile app, and listed its main features:
- buying and selling any of the supported cryptocurrencies (BTC, ETH, BCH, LTC, and ZEC);
- real-time market prices and portfolio value (for any selected cryptocurrency, you can get historical price data for the past 24 hours, one week, one month, three months, or one year)
- price alerts (this lets you get a "push notification when a price moves above or below a certain price point — or moves by more than a certain percentage value")
- recurring buy orders (this allows repeating an order "at any frequency, time, and amount of your choosing");
- sending and receiving crypto; and
- buying "The Cryptoverse" (a basket containing all of the five supported cryptocurrencies based on "weighted market cap"; currently, the percentages for BTC, ETH, BCH, LTC, and ZEC are 82.34%, 12.80%, 2.43%, 2.04%, and 0.39% respectively).
“For many years when we were building Gemini, price wasn’t a thing. Bitcoin was a $200 coin. Then, last year is actually an anomaly, and almost, you could argue, a distraction.”
He later added:
"While some capital might be leaving the market, the human capital is really impressive, and it’s long-term capital. People don’t make decisions to enter crypto on a month-to-month or price to price basis."
In a press release, Cameron said:
“We’ve spent the last three years building the world’s most trusted cryptocurrency platform and today we are excited to extend it into the hands of our customers. Cryptocurrency never sleeps so it’s important for us to make it easy for our customers to engage with it wherever they are and whenever they want.”
Featured Images Courtesy of Gemini